QUAIL ROAST

Seems like its been ages, since I have been blogging. Absolutely missed it. Blogging, Cooking, photographing, everything. I was much busy and could spare very little time which I liked to spend alone with a cup of tea. This month has been very relaxed with only few cake orders and to keep myself occupied (though I am occupied in household chores) in my kind of time, I thought I will bounce back to blogging. When I cooked it seemed like I have not cooked properly since so long and photography and styling seemed like a forgotten passion. Everything seemed like I have lost touch in it, thanks to my caking.

On post today is Quail roast. Hubby bought fresh Quails from market and he asked me to fry it and make thick gravy like curry. All that clicked me was to make something like this and I gave it a go to have it for dinner.

Here goes the recipe:
Ingredients:
To marinate:

  • Quail- 4 pcs
  • Kashmiri chilli powder- 2 tsp
  • turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
  • Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
  • Salt



  • Oil- 4 tbsp
  • Onion big- 3
  • Tomato- 1
  • Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
  • Green chilli- 3 slit into half
  • Kashmiri red chilli powder- 2 tsp
  • Coriander powder- 1 tsp
  • Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
  • Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
  • Salt
  • Curry leaves- 1 stem
  • Coriander leaves- to garnish

Method:

  • Marinate the Quails with the given ingredients for about an hour.
  • In a deep bottomed pan, heat oil and fry the Quails. Keep the lid closed so that it cooks properly.
  • Once fried transfer onto a plate.
  • In the same oil, add sliced onions and fry till brown. Again keep the lid closed while frying so that onions get well mashed up. 
  • Add Ginger garlic paste and saute well. Add tomatoes, curry leaves and spice powders.
  • Add the fried quails and stir lightly so that pieces do not break.
  • Keep the lid closed and cook for about 3 minute. 
  • Off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
  • Serve hot with chapati or rotis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

Bread pockets

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news