carrot laddoo

First of all, sorry for coming up with something sweet again... Yeasterday when I came to see one of our fellow blogger's blog, the big sweet tooth, it stuck me that my blog's name should have been this.... I really have cravings for sweets.....
I donno why, morning I woke up with the idea of making this ladoo... I dont know how all of a sudden it came into my thought... Also I had these carrots sleeping in my fridge, so thought, why not give it a try. I wont say, it demands a very good creative brain to come up with this recipe... Anyways, its simple and tasty in its own way... When I told my husband, that this was my own idea, he commented, "finally your brain started working :P"... twing... Anyways for a frank commentor like him, it impressed him a lot...
this recipe is a alot simple to make, except that it requires carrots to be chopped very finely, which requires a lot of effort and time if done manually... however if done in a food processor its really a time saver. Also, since I dint have condensed milk readily available, I made it with milk.. It was slightly looser than the readymade one, but tasted exactly the same... I used about 1 cup of condensed milk(the one which I made)... and added about 3 tbps of extra sugar to the recipe to make it more sweet... but I guess if you are using the readymade one, there is no need of extra sugar....

Ingredients: (makes 26)
  • carrot chopped very finely- 2 cups
  • dessicated coconut- 1 1/2 cups
  • condensed milk-1/2 to 3/4 tin
  • rose water- 2 tbsp
  • cardamom powder- 1 tsp
  • sugar- only if you want add according to your taste
  • ghee or unsalted butter- 2 tbsp
  • chopped almonds to garnish
Preparation:
Heat a deep bottomed pan on medium low flame, add ghee or unsalted butter, saute the carrots in the ghee for about 5-10 minutes constantly. Add half quantity of condensed milk and let the carrots cook in it. Add cardamom powder and dessicated coconut and mix very well. to this add remaining condensed milk(add more if the above mentioned quantity is less) and rose water. The codensed milk quantity should be enough to mix all tha carrots and coconut. Once all the condensed milk is absorbed well into the carrot and coconut off the flame... add some of the chopped almonds into it. reserve some for final garnishing.
cool the mixture slightly. grease your palm with butter or ghee and make small balls out of the carrot. put some chopped almonds on top and its ready to eat...
Linking this recipe to Shruti’s ‘Sweet Celebration’ Event :)
Sweet Celebration
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

Bread pockets

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news